Welcome to PureOntario.org!
We are excited about our brand “Pure Ontario” which has just been launched. The PureOntario.org website will house content such as photos and videos of beautiful places including: waterfalls, destinations and attractions in Ontario. It will also have full maps, ratings, directories, blogs, and other tools to help with travel planning.
The goal for Pure Ontario is to create a brand that will generate an interest for those in Ontario to travel, explore and to get outdoors to see the beautiful countryside that surrounds them. Locally and nationally “Pure Ontario” should resonate as a serene peaceful slogan that reminds and connects everyone each time they remember our Province and what we have to offer.
You might be wondering about the name “Pure Ontario” it was really the most beautiful way to describe our Province. Experts aren’t sure about the exact translation of “Ontario”. They know “Ontario” comes from an Iroquois word for beautiful water, beautiful lake or big body of water.
The name Pure Ontario seemed fitting with that and the beautiful Pure and rugged landscape we house. Also Ontario’s more than 250,000 lakes contain about one-fifth of the world’s fresh water which is very “Pure”. Our website will have continuous additions and resources being added/updated to heighten travel experiences for locals or tourists. Your trip begins at PureOntario.org
Ontario is a study in contrasts. The varied landscape includes the vast, rocky and mineral-rich Canadian Shield, which separates the fertile farmland in the south and the grassy lowlands of the north.
Here are some key facts about Ontario:
- Ontario’s more than 250,000 lakes contain about one-fifth of the world’s fresh water
- in summer, temperatures can soar above 30°C (86°F), while in winter they can drop below -40°C (-40°F)
- Ontario’s industries range from cultivating crops, to mining minerals, to manufacturing automobiles, to designing software and leading-edge technology
- cultures from around the world thrive and are celebrated in Ontario with festivals such as Caribbean Carnival, Oktoberfest and the Canadian Aboriginal Festival
- travellers can enjoy the many experiences Ontario has to offer, from a wilderness expedition in the north, to a “shop till you drop into your theatre seat” city excursion